Of Music
So I took a plunge.

I auditioned for the Richard Eaton Singers.

Holy fucking hell was I nervous. I mean, I haven't sung on a regular basis in... 5 years. Yup. I quit McDougall's choir in 2002. I haven't sung solo in almost that long. I am NOT in practice. Not only that, but I was singing for the guy who, 7 years ago, rejected me as a candidate to take voice lessons through the U of A's Music Department as one of my fine arts options. I was not amused.

Apparently he didn't remember me.

Which is fine. Blank slate and all that, right?

I thought I was going to fail miserably, much like 7 years ago, but instead, with only one week's practice, I pulled off a 'beautifully executed, polished' rendition of my audition piece, and was accepted on the spot.

So now I'll get to sing with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra (sounds all impressive, doesn't it?) and hopefully work myself back into some sort of vocal shape. The first practice of the season is tonight!
5 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    congrats.


  2. Delly Bean Says:

    Holy Mo-Fo! That's some great news, congratulations!


  3. Magnolia Says:

    You go chica! Can't wait to hear you in action.


  4. genderist Says:

    Rock on! That's awesome.

    fa-sol-la and such!


  5. Anonymous Says:

    YAY!
    WOO!!
    WEE!!